October 24, 2011

Ghetto Princess Room

I spent A LOT of time figuring out how to decorate the baby’s room while I was pregnant. I’m talkin’ many pregnant wo-man hours.  I would be sitting at work doing my assignments and my mind would just wander off to la-la-land.  I started researching themes, furniture and cutesy decorations to make her room perfect.

My husband and I spent weeks choosing the right color to paint the walls. He and my dad painted the room like pros. We even got her closet re-done. Everything was in place down to the Disney figurines I had in my room when I was a kid. It was all finally coming together in the weeks before she arrived.

Her room was fit for a princess.

So why the fahhhck can’t I find curtains?!!!

Ghetto.

12 comments
  • Debra M. says:

Ha, ha…too funny. Have you tried Pottery Barn, Land of Nod, and Company Kids? – they all have cute ones. The other option is no curtains and just put black out shades behind the blinds if you are looking for a more dark room for her. Good luck – and very creative alternative…and ghetto ;-).

• ive looked at pottery barn and land of nod-i just cant see spending over 100$ on curtains…i cant even find fabric to have my mom make them! damn curtains!!! i have to check out this company kids place-never heard of it! thanks deb :-)

• Debra M. says:

• Melissa says:

Too funny. Loved how you improvised! So cute that you are making it similar to your room as a kid.

• Melissa says:

• Regan says:

Haha! I’m having the same problem in K’s room. I can’t find plain brown a non-powder pastel icky blue curtain in the right length, thickness, non-tab-top to save my life. He’ll be one in 12 days so this hasn’t been a short journey :/

I thought that I was following you already but it doesn’t look like you have GFC (or I’m blind, which is a distinct possibility) so I’m following you on Twitter and FB

• Regan says:

• […] on a Dime Tip #1: DIY! Baby A’s room has been ghettofied for about 10 months now. Every style I remotely like would cost me almost $200 or more for the […]