Looking for a cute top for your girl to show her patriotism? Don’t go running around to the mall trying to find the perfect red, white and blues – I got you covered! For just $4.48, you can get your girl looking festive!
Here’s what you need to make a fun Patriotic Fringe Tank:
- Flag T-Shirt from Wal-Mart
- Red, White, & Blue Beads
- Red, White, or Blue Ribbon
And here’s what you do:
- Cut the sleeves, neck and bottom hem off the shirt. I made the arm holes a little more narrow, but adjust according your kid.
- Start cutting the fringe at the bottom of the shirt. I made about 1/2 inch cuts as high or low as you would like.
- Pull each slit down taut and count every 4 and place red, white and blue beads on them. Fix with a knot at the bottom.
- Tie some ribbon around the top of the shoulders.
Boom! You have an adorable, fun and festive shirt or cover up for your 4th of July bash. You can even get the kids involved. My little diva helped me sort the beads.
Tip: If you cut the arm holes a little too big (like I did!) simply cut the top at shoulder seams and tie them in a knot. Cover the knot with ribbon or a bow!
Hope everyone has a fun 4th!